This blog is dedicated to the biggest scum in all of sports. The ones who have too much power and abuse it. The ones who attempt not to be biased, but blantantly are. The ones with hidden agendas. The ones we call umpires. The ones we call judges. The ones we call referees. Yes, This blog is dedicated to the officials who often sabotage the past times we know and love.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NBA Preview

Okay, I'm a little late here and trying to catch up on some necessary posts.

So the NBA season is now underway, which is great since baseball is now over until spring and Football can really only keep me occupied on weekends.

First, I'd like to point out that I've added Jason Kidd to the list of Officiating Disaster Heroes on the left side of the page. This is due to me being a big fan of his, the Nets, and of the comments he made at the end of a 12/26/06 game against Detroit where he refered to the referees as the "Three Blind Mice".

"That's how I felt. That's how I think our team felt. It was the truth," said Kidd of his barrage after the referees swallowed their whistles on what looked like an obvious contact foul by Rasheed Wallace against Vince Carter in the final seconds. "I have no comment on the fine." (source)

Sources also say that Kidd informed other team mates to not say anything regarding the officiating of the game, and that he would make a statement on the team's behalf, to avoid multiple fines. Sure enough, Kidd was fined $20,000. Talk about taking one for the team.

And due to some offseason news you may have heard regarding a certain NBA referee, I've started a new poll to see how your view of the NBA may or may not have changed. Please take some time to cast your vote. Today is election day!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, posting here cos your comment was pretty far down on my blog--

it costs $10/year to get your own domain, you can do it through blogger--just go to customize/settings/publishing.

They make it really easy

saucy said...

cool. I was wondering if you would see that or not. it does make it look a lot better.

thanks for the info Rebecca.