This blog is dedicated to the biggest scum in all of sports. The ones who have too much power and abuse it. The ones who attempt not to be biased, but blantantly are. The ones with hidden agendas. The ones we call umpires. The ones we call judges. The ones we call referees. Yes, This blog is dedicated to the officials who often sabotage the past times we know and love.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

NFL Preview



So another long grueling 17 week season of NFL football is now upon us and referees must be as giddy as ever, so get those little yellow pieces of cloth ready and dust off those instant replay monitors!

To start the season off, I thought I'd start a new poll to see which major professional sport readers think is most affected by the in-game officiating. Please take a moment to cast your vote over on the left hand side of the page. Personally, I think NFL referees are the worst, but will give the league credit for the way they carry out the rules of instant replay.

I had a cousin, who like a lot of sports fans, enjoyed watching football in bars. He had somewhat of a conspiracy theory where the halftime of every NFL game was the time where all of the bookies across the country would make their phone calls in order to have the game's outcome work to their favor. "The fix is in!" he would then yell throughout the remainder of the game, while I'm sure he was mocked by others watching from the bar. A few months ago, this would be a pretty far-fetched allegation. Nowadays, not so much. I wonder if he still has the same opinion.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, it's Rebecca here =)

You've got a good thing going...if you send this around more, I'm sure a lot more people will notice...everyone has grumblings!

DMan said...

Is it to late to say 'Go Jets!'?

I mean, it's only 1 loss, they'll bounce back!

So Go Jets!

saucy said...

never too late. in fact i'll say it too

Go Jets!

okay, some people in my office are looking at me funny now. Tuesdays...